Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default HELP? strangeness: beepbeepbeep on startup, slowmotion windows, keyboard freaking out - 04-14-2010, 04:06 PM

Greetings. I have SL on a mini 10v, and the computer has started freaking out. Here are the symptoms:

1. beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep on startup, lasts about 30 seconds, then starts up "normally"
2. soon after startup, the keyboard starts sort of freaking out, preventing you from typing, beeping as if you have a key held down, and the mouse starts acting like you have cntl held down (constant contextual menus).
3. after that, it really gets strange. when I hope a window, it zooms up in slow motion. yes, slow motion. If you close it you get the same issue, super slow motion.

Any idea what these problems could be? I have already started from scratch and reinstalled everything--it seemed to work fine until I restarted it, and then these problems surfaced again.

RAM problem? I thought for a while it was a keyboard hardware problem, but that seems unlikely. Should I try to install Windows again and see if it functions properly and if not send it back?

That brings up another question: how do reinstall windows when this thing doesnt have a CD drive and my only other computer is an iMac?

Thanks so much for any help you can give, I'm ready to throw this thing out!

(#2) Old
Default 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Sounds very much like a keyboard/button problem to me mate.

Dell Mini 10v Hackintosh | 2gb RAM | 500gb HDD | Trackpad mod
Running Linux UNR after being beaten by "Still Waiting for Root Device" Error
Dropbox: Click >>HERE<< for free 2.25gb of file sync/sharing/storage.

« 13" MacBook to a Dell Mini 10v | Trying to install Win XP and OS X on the same disk. Please HELP »