Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Mini 10v Install & Update of 10.6 to 10.6.3 - 04-14-2010, 08:27 AM
So I know there are plenty of threads, and sticky threads, about the installation of 10.6 on the Mini, as well as the update process. However, it still takes a fair amount of searching and reading to figure out some of the finer points and panic points, so i thought I would codify the above with my own experience. This is on a Mini 10v, 1G, Bios A04, G/N Wifi. No bootcamp at the moment.
1. Follow the Gizmodo guide for hackintoshing
3. Reboot, F2 into the BIOS. Disable USB legacy, and USB wake.
4. Save, exit and reboot.
5. Run the Netbook installer (NBI) app already in your applications folder (if you used the current version of NetbookBootmaker it will be .8.4RC1).
6. Enable bluetooth. Click install.
7. When NBI is done, reboot.
8. Under power management, disable sleep (slide to never).
9. Run software update, details, and select ONLY the 10.6.3 update.
10. Allow the update to install. This takes a while. You will want to panic, it will look like it has hung. Just GO AWAY FOR AWHILE.
11. Let the system restart. If you are like me, your sound will NOT work, and there will be no input or output devices listed. Panic briefly.
12. Reboot. Sound will now work. Magic? Unclear.
13. Run software update, and select all none or some of the remaining 6 updates.
14. When your system eventually restarts, your sound will not work again.
15. You guessed it, reboot. Sound now works. Magic? Probably not 2x.
As is stated elsewhere, your results may vary, but this sequence worked for me and addressed several of the problems I saw on the forums and elsewhere (sound issues, freezing etc.)
|osx 10.6 10.6.3 update|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.