Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Trying to install Win XP and OS X on the same disk. Please HELP - 04-13-2010, 03:17 AM

I have a mini 10 and I'm trying to add Snow Leopard to the existing XP install.

When I created my boot media, I followed BOTH the mechdrew instructions (no Mac needed) and the instructions here:

OS X SL Install on Dell 10V with Existing XP

BOTH methods give me the same result.

I cannot install OS X. I get to the screen which shows all the drive and I cannot select any of the them. They all have little yellow triangle icons in the corner.

If I go to Disk Utilities, I cannot change anything because there is a message displayed which says the drive is MBR and cannot be changed. It even says this on 50 Meg of free space I made as a partition but left unformatted.

How can I get the Mac installer to recognize a drive, any drive or partition, on which I can install SL?

Please help!

(#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to tiuno Send a message via MSN to tiuno
Default 04-14-2010, 10:12 PM

look in the dual boot forum i made a thread about how i did it send me a message if you need anything

Dell Mini 10v||Bios A06||1GB RAM||160 GB HDD ||Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz||Mac OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard||NetbookInstaller 8.4 RC1 Updated for 10.6.4|| Windows 7 Ultimate || MacBook Air SMBios.plist
PowerBook 12"||G4 1.33 GHz||1.25 GB RAM||160 GB HDD||Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

« HELP? strangeness: beepbeepbeep on startup, slowmotion windows, keyboard freaking out | Running 10v in clamshell mode with external monitor »