Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Another Kernel Panic and Dell Mini 10 question - 04-11-2010, 03:57 AM

I'm having problems with a kernel panic when trying to install. I'm using the 2 USB method described here:

I didn't have any problems writing the boot or retail disk images. If there's a way to see some console output, please let me know.

So I proceeded to actually installing after creating both the USB sticks. When booting, I get the boot menu with my Windows and Apple installer icons. I obviously select the Apple, I get a grey screen with the Apple logo and then the spinning wheel. Right after the spinning wheel, I get the message in 5 languages which states "you need to restart your computer hold the power button until it turns off, then press the power button again."

This is as far as I can get in the whole process of getting Snow Leopard installed on my Mini; about 2 minutes into the whole process.

I looked at:

and one suggestion said to disable On Board Lan Control. I did and that didn't work.

I also looked at:

and a suggestion said to enable USB wake. Hmmmm... I tried that but I'm not sure enabling that setting is even possible as every time I go back into the BIOS, I see it has reverted to disabled.

Any suggestions anyone could provide in helping me getting SL on my Mini 10 would be greatly appreciated. I really want this to work. I'm just a little stuck now.

« Video playback oddities 10.6.3 + VLC | Keyboard and Trackpad Delay after Waking from Sleep »