Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#11) Old
Default 04-10-2010, 10:57 PM

my problem was: I was running OS X 10.6.2 on my dell mini 10v and without thinking hit the update button to update to OS X 10.6.3 without getting the new NBI .8.4RC1 first and running this first before updating to OS X 10.6.3
Result was: Kernel Panic and always the message restart your computer to finish installation.
Thanks to bmcclure937 who pointed me in the right direction I took my original USB harddrive with which I installed the Snow Leopard OS onto the Dell mini and installed the updated version of NBI .8.4RC1 onto it.I then started my dell mini-pressed F2 and selected to boot up from a USB device.I booted up from my USB harddrive and the Snow Leopard Installwindow came up.Instead of going into Utilities and wipe the HD of the dell mini clean ( like you have to do for the first time when you convert your windows dell into an apple dell ) I just clicked onto the install button and Snow Leopard 10.6.0 from the USB Harddrive was installed over the Snow Leopard on the dell mini harddrive - ultimately resetting it again to 10.6.0
--All my data and settings remained on my laptop and weren't lost.
I then copied the new NBI .8.4RC1 onto my dell mini,deleted the old version of NBI 8.3 and ran (installed) the new NBI on my dell mini HD as I should have done in the first place before attempting to upgrade to OS X 10.6.3
After that I updated to OS X 10.6.3--had a lot of pation and also had the NBI logo for quite a while on the screen,but eventually all was falling into place and all is working well and without a flaw and most importantly--no data loss.
So this is what I did.I hope it is understandable .May be this is not technically correct or there are other ways--but this worked for me and may be it works for other folks who are /were in the same situation like me out there as well ( no guarantee ).
Good luck
  (#12) Old
Default Awesome. Thx! - 04-17-2010, 06:21 AM

Great. That did the trick! =)
  (#13) Old
Default 07-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Regarding your note about "...Darwinian...". I take a more direct approach. I'm a linux, solaris, bsdi, Windows, IBMDOS, TIBasic old fart from the original PC at home kids...with trash-80's, my TI994A... and I gotta say, be more direct and tell these newbies to just get a set and do it. If it gets trashed, google for help and RIF...Reading Is there is no RTFM...make your own...
BTW, RTFM for you newbies is Read The F'ing Manual...F can be Freaking or know the alternate.
Have faith in yourselves newbies. Nothing like learning where one's mistakes are and fixing them and seeing the sun rise after an 'all-nighter'-the only way to learn...
  (#14) Old
Default hackingtosh with mac osx 10.6.3? - 10-13-2010, 04:58 AM

hi, moderators i recently purchase a dell mini 10v nickelodeon edition for make a hackintosh on it.

the mac os x that i purchased was the version 10.6.3

can anybody give me a tutorial for hacking this ,mac os x ,version .

please i'll apreciate so much.
  (#15) Old
Default 10-18-2010, 12:10 AM

Hey Guys (and gals if present). I have a Dell Mini 10V Nickelodeon Hackintosh'd on a 10.6.3 install. Everything works fine except iTunes and Internet Exploder. When I open iTunes if I do not press any button other than play the application crashes. With Internet Exploder it quits the minute the program is launched. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their 10V's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

« Dual Boot | Mini 10V dead in the water DSMOS.kext issue »