Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Restoring back to Windows XP - 04-06-2010, 04:12 PM

I currently have a Mini 10v with 10.6.2 installed. I'm wanting to restore back to Windows XP in order to sell my 10v. How complicated is this/is is even possible?
  (#2) Old
Default 04-06-2010, 05:31 PM

XP on the 10v is supported by DELL, but the hard part is getting the OS actually installed. If you received a system restore disc, then you'd need a USB optical device to boot to it and wipe the system. If you are more technically inclined, there is a way to put XP in a USB thumbdrive (I had just done this myself, recently). See this site for details:

Installing Microsoft Windows XP from usb device (usb-stick, usb-hdd, SD card) simpler method [EeeUser Eee PC Wiki]

Mini 10v A06, MacOS 10.6.8
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to tiuno Send a message via MSN to tiuno
Default Even better! - 04-07-2010, 02:31 AM

Check out in the Mini 10v section there's a whole thread about that and it comes out that Dell have an hiden partition to restore the OS but when you install OS X it kinda mess it up but in the same thread there's a fix for that other wise there's a even easier app for installing Windows XP from USB it's called WinSetupFromUSB you just need a 2GB usb stick to do and it's pretty fast I've done it and the whole process took me like 40 minutes instead of 2 anoying hours good luck with that!

Dell Mini 10v||Bios A06||1GB RAM||160 GB HDD ||Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz||Mac OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard||NetbookInstaller 8.4 RC1 Updated for 10.6.4|| Windows 7 Ultimate || MacBook Air SMBios.plist
PowerBook 12"||G4 1.33 GHz||1.25 GB RAM||160 GB HDD||Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

(#4) Old
Default 04-07-2010, 12:34 PM

thanks guys, I will look into both solutions!

« Wifi and other questions | function key assignment? »