Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default blank screens with jpgs, pages, and etc - 04-02-2010, 01:56 AM

Hi there,
So...I have been running SL 10.6 for a while on my 10v. Everything was great, but never tried hooking it up to a projector. Followed the Best Practices guide in this forum the other day to extract mirroring from DellEFI and put it in user/bin, to type in terminal command 'mirroring off' and to run Netbook Installer RC 3.4 (?) with mirror kext option selected. It worked! 10v talked with projector, all good. But then I realized that no JPGs were showing anything in preview, and that no Pages documents would open to show anything. IE -- the files open (and are not corrupted because the same files open on other computers), but show nothing. Pages does indicate there are XX pages of data but all I see are blank black or white screens. Same with preview opening JPGs and who knows what else. I tried to run a newer Netbook Installer RC...(whatever)....but same thing...

« 10.6.3 Upgrade now no webcam | Not finding hard drive during mac osx install »