Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Skype camera not showing - 03-29-2010, 10:32 PM

OK I cheated and bought a Dell Mini 10v pre-loaded with Snow Leopard. Its brilliant, with two reservations...
a) Skype won't trigger the webcam into action. Photo Booth brings up the image but not Skype
b) the VGA out problem - at first just got those bands up and down. Added the Mirroring app and weirdly get the Leopard splash screen (the space view) and no icons or anything else. I don't have that as my desktop image, just plain grey, by choice.

Anyone help with either problem?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-30-2010, 07:04 AM

Re the VGA System Prefs/Monitors, you'll see icons of both monitors, click and drag the white bar at the top of your monitor icon to the other monitor icon.
  (#3) Old
Default 04-01-2010, 04:36 PM

This is more of a Skype query...

The webcam on my daughter's mini10v is working fine for iChat,a nd she can connect with iChat using an AIM account.

But when she tries to run Skype, the application launches, connects (ie gets her online) and then crashes when she tries to make a call.

Anyone else got this problem or a solution?

She has 10.6.3, NBI0.8.4RC1, latest skype
  (#4) Old
Default "camera in use" error - 01-23-2011, 12:54 AM

I was getting a "camera in use" error in skype and the only thing that worked for me on my mini 9 w osx was discovering this beta version 5.0 Skype 5.0 Beta for Mac OS X
just sharing in case someone has a similar issue.

« Apple logo wont stop spinning! | Wireless Card Gone After Update »