Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Exclamation [SOLVED] Can't copy support files??? - 03-24-2010, 07:02 PM

So I am trying to install Snow Leopard on my Dell Mini 10v.

I bought the Snow Leopard retail disk and copied it using InfraRecorder to an iso. I renamed it to macdvd.img.

Because I don't have an external DVD drive or a Mac, I used this method: NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

I wrote the NBI to my 1GB drive and the macdvd.img to my 8GB drive with Win32DiskImager. (Formatted both drives to FAT32 w/ HP USB Format Tool beforehand).

The 1GB is in the USB closest to the power slot and the 8GB is right under that one.

I boot up and get to the installer, set up disk utility...

I customize it and hit install, and it goes for ~20 seconds and then says the following:

Install Failed: The installer could not copy the necessary support files

And then prompts me to restart.

Any ideas here? I've tried over and over. I originally used an ISO I found online, which didn't work, so I went and bought the DVD. Tried that, same error.

BTW I tried the alternative 1 and it wouldn't even load NBI some reason.

I did some searching and people with this problem claim the alternative 1 works, so I'm gonna try that again.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-25-2010, 12:08 AM

After trying (and failing) with ImageWriter and dd.exe, I tried TransMac and it's installing fine. Seems like the problem was with the image.

« Snow Leopard on a Ubuntu machine? | Dual booting: too late? »