Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Unhappy Not finding Hard drive on OSX install? - 03-23-2010, 12:14 PM

I've asked this question to an awful lot of people, most of them either have the same problem or give up and say they haven't got a clue, and the remaining ones direct me to this forum. SO here goes, I hope you guys can help!

I bought a brand new Dell Mini 10v from the dell store. Bought USB drive, followed instructions on gizmodo's blog (Gizmodo: Hackintosh a Dell Mini 10v Into the Ultimate Snow Leopard Netbook TechOn News) and made myself a bootable drive using a mac and a legit shop-bought copy of snow leopard.

Unwrapped shiny new mini, did all the bios tinkering, stuck in usb drive and away we go. Apple screen, choose language, choose install destination.

Here lies the problem. I click disk utility to format & partition my hard drive... only it isn't there. The only thing showing up is my usb stick. I'm stuck!

So here is my proposition. If someone could tell me what to do about this, I will be eternally in your debt (as I'm pig sick of using the mini as a regular windows 7 netbook). Failing that, I'm based in London so if anyone lives in London and is willing to have me send/lend them the netbook and they can work their wizardly magic on it and make it work - I shall pay for their time.

Also bear in mind I'm a complete noob to this, so be gentle.

Thanks guys!
  (#2) Old
Default 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Hi belovedfool

If you have no luck PM me and I'm sure I can help you out. I'm based in Oxford and have hacked 7 10v's for friends.

« OS X stickers on keyboard? | How is the hackintosh experience for a long-time mac user? »