Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Airport Utility not finding my Time Capsule - 03-20-2010, 05:20 AM

My 10v Hackintosh can't find my Time Capsule, but it finds my neighbor's Wi-Fi and gets online that way just fine. Why might that be?

Might changing my network security from WPA2 Personal to WEP fix that? I'd like to hear some opinions before I go tinkering with my network settings.
  (#2) Old
Default 04-20-2010, 04:39 PM

Might be that you can't access a wireless N network? Try using another mac if you have one or a wired ethernet connection to the time capsule and launch airport utility, from there see how its broadcasting, if its a older time capsule you'll be limited to your options, either N or G or both but the speed is limited.

Check these settings first, unless you got a N card in your mini you'll need a G configuration which is probably what your neighbour has as its most common.

I don't have a N carded Dell mini to know if it works with a N network as a hackintosh, but I'm sure it would.

Let me know how you get on and if you need any more help.

10v, airport, hackintosh, wi-fi, wireless

« HELP: Another Person That Accidently Updated to 10.6.3 | Minimum Brightness for Mini 10v Screen »