Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Exclamation Microsoft Word always crashes when I begin to type... (excel and ppt work fine) - 03-19-2010, 04:31 PM

Hi, all

I'm a long-time Mac user, and decided to give the Hackintosh a try recently. Everything works wonderfully so far, except a few things that I expect I should be able to fix in the near future (hopefully with the help of this great forum!).

What's bugging me the most is I've installed MS Office 2008, updated it to version 12.2.4, but while PowerPoint and Excel work flawlessly, I can never use Word because every time I begin to type something it crashes and tells me that Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone ever run into this problem before? If so, how did you fix it? I don't know if it's common or not, so I won't include too many details in this here post, but if necessary I can copy/paste here the error log for you guys.

I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.2) installed through NBM 0.8.4pre and NBI 0.8.4pre on a Dell Mini 10v.

(#2) Old
Default 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM

The same version is working here. My install is some what dated (NBM 0.8.3RC4 as I recall) but I have installed and run NBI 0.8.4pre.

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT
  (#3) Old
Default 03-19-2010, 10:19 PM

I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persisted. I uninstalled and reinstalled a second time, and now it's working just fine.

crash, microsoft, office, problem, word

« Unknown CPU in "about this Mac" | When do you remove the USB drive after install? »