Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Iphone with hacintosh - 03-18-2010, 03:23 AM

Hello all,

I have a dell mini 10v with osx snow installed. When i connect my iphone i do not see it mount on the desktop, like in windows. I recently used the pwnage tool and it could not find my iphone. Anyone have some ideals?
itunes does see the phone.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-18-2010, 01:35 PM

The iPhone doesn't appear on the desktop (and for me it doesn't appear on the Windows desktop either).

As far as I am aware the only reason for anything to appear on the mac desktop is if it is recognised as an external drive and gets mounted as a volume. The iPhone is not a mountable volume.

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | 1510 N Wireless | BT 2.1 | OSX 10.6.4 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bios A04 | 1010 Touchpad | Magic Mouse
  (#3) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to unclemiltie
Default 03-18-2010, 04:33 PM

I've done all of my iphone jailbreaking, etc on my Mini10v running Snow Leopard so it does work. (iPhone 2G and iPhone 3GS)

The iphone will not show up on your desktop, it's not a "volume" in that respect. There are tools that will allow you to mount the iphone and look at what's in it (limited on the standard phone, more on one that has been jailbroken) I use DiskAid, but there are others out there.

Pwnage will look for the phone when it's trying to kick it into DFU mode but that's it. You'll build the custom ipsw before then. have you made it through those steps?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Default 03-19-2010, 04:05 PM

I have iTunes installed, and when I connect my iPhone it is recognised by that program, and 'syncs' automatically, but again is not shown on the desktop.

As mentioned above, I am sure there are other programs available for those who want to dig a bit deeper!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« No Write access permission after SL install | parallels 3.0 »