Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default merklot drivers for mini 10 pad on the mini 10v! - 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM

Hi there

I have just swapped over the touchpad to the old mini 10. I can't tell whether I prefer the old one or the new one!

I think it is less jumpy, and smoother, but I am missing things like 3 finger swipe. Can anyone tell me if merklot has any drivers for people who have swapped over the pads? I have tried searching, but have had no luck.

I am half tempted to switch back to the original pad!

also, this might be stupid question, but I have voided my warranty right!?

(#2) Old
Default 03-13-2010, 10:46 AM

a while ago, meklort posted on his blog that he is working on a multitouch driver for the mini 10 trackpad. haven't heard anything since, but I'm eagerly waiting for it since I made the switch as well.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM

Yeah, there aren't any drivers at the moment and without them the pad just registers as a mouse. But that said it still gives you two finger scrolling and three-finger right click and it is smoother (or appears to be). Without a proper driver there is nothing else that can be done with it but hopefully Meklort will pull something out of the bag :-)

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | 1510 N Wireless | BT 2.1 | OSX 10.6.4 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bios A04 | 1010 Touchpad | Magic Mouse

« Macbook SSD transplanted into Mini 10v? | HDD format »