Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default First time Hackintosher; two questions. - 03-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and in need of some help.

I actually didn't know this netbook could be hackintoshed until I read this: How To: Hackintosh a Dell Mini 10v Into the Ultimate Snow Leopard Netbook - Dell mini 10v hackintosh - Gizmodo

Two questions;

1. I've got BIOS version A06; can it be done or do I have to downgrade to A05?
2. Can I boot Snow Leopard from the usb drive, and install it on the NTFS hard drive originally containing WinXP. OSX isn't able to write to NTFS, right? how do you get around that?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to bmcclure937
Default 03-10-2010, 10:56 PM

You will basically restore your Snow Leopard install DVD to the external USB drive and patch it with NetbookBootMaker. From here, you boot to the install media, format the target (internal) drive using the Disk Utility and then install OSX 10.6 SL.

Follow guides on Mechdrew's site (link in my sig)

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 320 Gb HDD | Ubuntu 10.04 | OSX 10.6.3 | NBI .8.4RC1 | Chameleon Bullet Theme | BIOS A05 | USB Wake : OFF | USB Legacy : ON | No BlueTooth
Meklort's Blog | NBI Google Code Page | -- the best OSX installation guides

« Video playback on os x and windows 7 | A few very important points !! Installed SL and updated to 10.6.2 on mini10v »