Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Ram/SDD Upgrades - 03-10-2010, 03:36 PM

This is a 3 Parter:

Question 1: I have a 10v with the upgraded (667mhz) FSB, but Dell ships 533mhz ram. Not a huge deal, because i wanted to upgrade to 2gb anyway. I wasn't sure if there were any particular brand that is recommended for Hackintoshing, and if there are any guides available.

Question 2: I just bought an OCZ Solid 2 SSD and am planning on doing the install myself, are there any guides available? Or is it intuitive?

Question 3: Once i get the new drive in, will booting off a usb drive give me access to my timecapsule image for restoring, or will i have to mirror it before?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-10-2010, 04:01 PM

1. You can find a "RAM changing guide" at the guide section here (including a very good youtube video guide)

2. When changing the RAM you have to remove the harddrive anyway. So its a good idea to change RAM and SSD.

3. You can access your time machine backup when booting from the usb drive into the mac os installation screen. I did a restore once for testing purposes and it failed. I was able to boot, but after that there were many errors (missing files, apps etc.). So mirroring is not a bad idea ^^.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-13-2010, 03:53 AM

So i tried to follow the video, but managed to cut/break one of the wires on the blue tooth ribbon. Any Recommendations on where to get a new one? Also, i i couldn't get the board out because i managed to partially strip the screw on the WLAN card. assuming i can't get it out with a precision screw driver, am i totally effed?
  (#4) Old
Default 03-13-2010, 11:42 PM

sorry to hear that dude. But ive had the same issue with the stipped screw on the wlan card. I managed to get it out by using a very thin flat screwdriver(since it all stripped out and only a tiny flat one fitted on whats left) and a pincers some sort of press down the screwdrive very hard and flip it with the pincers. That worked out for me

mini 10v, N270, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, OSX 10.6.2, NBI0.8.4, windows 7 ultimate dual boot

« Dell 10v w/ Windows Starter 7 Dual OSX 10.6.2 | reinstall XP without wiping SL »