Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Questions about using a DVD instead of an 8Gb stick - 03-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Hi there,

I've just ordered myself a Mini 10v & retail copy of Snow Leopard and am awaiting the arrival of both!

However I don't have a 8Gb USB drive with which to follow most of the guides for getting OSX onto the 10v, I do have an external DVD drive though.

Is there a guide to creating & using a DVD instead of a USB stick?

Thanks in advance.

Just found the following guide ( ), am I correct to assume that the NetBook CD will contain all the correct drivers for the Mini 10v?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-09-2010, 10:48 AM

Hi there,

I used an LG DVD drive with Mechdrew's method #3 (Netbookinstaller 3) on my Mini 10v.

The installation was problem free and Snow Leopard is running really well. Do bear in mind however that in para 11

'Installation will probably get to the end and report that it has failed (although sometimes it says it is successful, your results may vary.) Again, this is normal, just press Restart.'

This happened with me and it, of course, worked exactly as Mechdrew had predicted. Just follow Mechdrew's excellent guide exactly.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

(#3) Old
Default 03-09-2010, 10:59 AM

« Bluetooth won't connect | Not a sleep, but a display sleep problem »