Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#11) Old
Default Hibernatemode 5 works for me too. - 03-10-2010, 01:55 AM

Hi, this is my first post to this forum. Just like eatabagel, I have hackintoshed my Dell Mini 10v about two weeks ago. (Atom N270, 1GB RAM, No Bluetooth, HDD 160GB BIOS A6). I appreciate everyone who have been contributing this comminity.

I tried and was able to reproduce exactly the same thing with him too by changing the hibernatemode from 0 to 5 (I originally set to 0). With hibernate mode 5, closing lid and then wait for 15 sec will invoke hibernate. I took the AC power and battery out for one minutes, and then open the lid again and press the power button. Just like his Video, I saw the Dell logo boot screen followed by gray screen with header size, mem base, and wake kernel message, and resumed back to the desk top in less than 30 sec.

With hibernatemode 5, I loose regular sleeping. So I set it back to 0 (or 3) which change the mode back to regular sleep mode.

Below is my BIOS setup
QuickBoot mode: Enabled
Intern SpeedStep (TM): Enabled
Onboard LAN: Enabled
WLAN: Enabled
Bluebooth: Disabled
USB BIOS Legay Support: Disabled
USB Wake Support: Disabled

I also use secure virtual memory ON at security preference pane.

I attached the output text of ioreg and kextstats command FYI. I hope this helps.

Attached Files
File Type: zip (66.0 KB, 1 views)
  (#12) Old
Default 03-11-2010, 12:33 AM

this sounds really interesting. I spent hours trying to get hibernation working.
I hope someone like meklort who's got the proper knowledge will look into this. safe sleep is really one of the last things missing on my 10v.
  (#13) Old
Default 03-11-2010, 01:59 AM

I did some additional experiment today and found that hibernate function works fiine only when the hibernate function is executed instead of sleep function by the regular sleep operation (close rid, select sleep from Apple menu) under hibernatemode 5 (maybe mode 1 too).

However, hibernation which occurs when the battery runs out can not be resumed successfully even with hibernatemode 5 (or hibernatemode 7). I got "hibername image file too old by XXXX seconds" message and it just booted with regular mode.

I guess that it may have something to do with the timestamp of the /var/vm/sleepimage file.

I hope that someone will come up with a solution on this.
  (#14) Old
Default 03-14-2010, 02:15 AM

i just did my install of osx 2 days ago.... yesterday i was not hibernating ...... but today after even split second of closing screen i go into same sleep or hibernate mode as above mentioned ...... im a complete newbie to mac therefore don't ask me any technical questions.... i prbably wont understand yet in a few weeks i should be better..... but i can state that i have same situation here ...... personally i dont like it or want it , rather not sleep or hibernate

« reinstall XP without wiping SL | Firefox keeps crashing »