Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default How to install A06 Bios on a Mac OSX 10.6.1 - 03-08-2010, 08:14 PM

Hy Guys,

I have a Mini 10v (1011) with A04 BIOS and running Mac OSX 10.6.1.

I want to upgrade the BIOS to A06, but i'm having trouble doing it.

Could someone help me ?

I made the USB Dos Bootable and tried R246690.exe (Windows only) and PH1614.EXE / phlash16.exe with BIOS.WPH, but they don't upgrade the BIOS.

Thanks a lot
  (#2) Old
Default 03-11-2010, 11:59 PM

I have used this that might work.....Max_Carnage

Post a Comment
Jump to Comments

Downgrade your Mini 10v BIOS to A04 (Requires Windows) by Max_Carnage 09-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Comments (107)

## Note: There are risks associated with BIOS updates. Follow this process at your own peril. ##

1. Create a DOS bootable USB stick on your Windows computer

1a] Download USBDOS tools from the end of this guide.
1b] Unzip and run HPUSBFW with a spare/empty USB stick plugged in. Select 'Fat32' & 'Create a DOS startup disk', and point the 'Using DOS system files' to a systemfiles folder wherever you unzipped I used WinMe, but either will work.
1c] Download the BIOS update utility from Dell (select DOS Version) and save it to your USB stick: Drivers & Downloads

2. Flash your BIOS
2a] Make sure your Mini 10v is plugged in to power.
2b] Boot the Mini 10v from USB stick.
2c] Run the BIOS update utility by typing the file name and then the force options - in my case "R225278.exe /forceit /forcetype" (without quotes)
2d] The utility will run, beeping loudly (!do not try this in the middle of the night or when wife's favourite TV show is playing nearby!) for several minutes while displaying progress.
2e] System will reboot. If successful, you now have A04 BIOS. If not, you now have a borked Mini 10v.

« A few very important points !! Installed SL and updated to 10.6.2 on mini10v | Universal Dock »