Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Feb 2010
A few very important points !! Installed SL and updated to 10.6.2 on mini10v - 03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
First of all thanks to everyone for their efforts in this community.
I have installed SL and updated it to 10.6.2 without problems. Everything is working fine. But how about these issues pls comment on them.
1. In XP we can actually select the battery to charge or not charge by simply pressing F3. So that when i plug it to mains i dont actually need to remove my battery out not to charge it over and over. It was a fantastic app. and I believe a lifesaver. What we will do in SL about that. ?
2. I cannot turn off my Bluetooth. It is constantly on and i cannot click on the line "Bluetooth:On" in the dropdown menu of BT icon.
3. What is planning for the oversized windows? most of the apps are not fitting and this is really annoying. I do not see anything coming up yet good enough.
4. Are there any power schemes in SL. I think my 6-cell batter runs out pretty quick even i dropped the brightness down to minimum. I think speedstepping does not work here.
5. not a necessity but where is our capslock indicator since we dont have a led for it.
6. how about vga output. any improvements so far? i wish to use my mini in my presentations so that i should be able to plug it to projectors or other bigscreen monitors.
thanks for anyhelp. and I beleive those are the common issues for all of us. Lets help it together.
edit: ok i dont how but bluetooth: off option appeared in the dropdown menu. i reinstalled the nbiRC5 may be that made it happen. other issues are still valid though. any help ??
edit2: i have added a 6th issue.
edit3: 6th issue solved with Vga out on 10v with osx thanks to everyone.
edit4: 2nd issue solved as well
going to almost perfection
edit5: 5th solved with CapSee application. its free
Join Date: Dec 2009
03-02-2010, 02:08 AM
4. See section 5 "CPU SpeedStep support via VoodooPowerMini" in http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...2-20-09-a.html
5. Apple - Downloads - System/Disk Utilities - CapSee
Join Date: Feb 2010
03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
6th issue solved with Vga out on 10v with osx thanks
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes
Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2377323/Mini9SoundPatch.zip
|battery life, battery meter, bluetooth, capslock, oversized windows|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.