Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Mini10 10.6.2 boot to USB not internal - 02-28-2010, 10:26 AM

I think I am almost there...
I Dell mini 10 that i installed via 10.6.2 DVD vai external DVD. Pulled 160GB stock HDD conntected USB. Got installed and will boot straight to HDD when conntect to USB. All componets tested so far work. I cannot find the right fixes to get it to boot with HDD placed internally. It is attempting a boot from internal but getting the "no" (circle with a slash) over the apple on the inital screen. I used this guide to get me this far using the Netbook installer at the end exactly as recommended.
I have tried most every fix out there which (outside of NBI) crashed the boot requiring a new install . . . and am mostly convinced I am needing the properly configured .kext file. Anyone willing to update from their working unit or give a helping hand from another direction.
Much appreciate!

No responses, issue still exists, trided lots of things, and apparently lots of folks having same issue.
I do have it booting from what actually is the internal HDD - but it is only able to boot when connected via usb. All else works fine. I have tried everything I can find to no avail. I think I am one piece of information away. It will boot without any assistance externally but will not boot even with boot loader assistance internally. There are no settings in bios for HDD.
This is a Dell Mini 1010 (not the v). I have installed a retail (purchased) version of 10.6.2. I have no issue with a re-do as I have done several of those. I would sure appreciate any directions or thoughts. I have read, and read, and read and attempted lots of ideas. Thanx to all that have lead the charge. When I figure this out - I will return the favor and post what worked.
Cheers gang!

Update ...... WORKING!
1 HDD 1DVD 1 USB Drive No Mac needed
Posted a how to here....

« Who has a large HD that doesn't click with Snow Leopard? | 10.5 installed. No internet/wireless. Help! »