Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default what - 02-28-2010, 10:01 AM

10v with bios A06. I understood that I did not have to downgrade the BIOS version. Using this guide NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

Using SL retail disc. My SL iso is 7GB...all seems to be right in this area. Using 2 USB method

I was able get up through the installation part.

1. Press Done (10.5) or OK (10.6), then press Install. Installation can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on the condition of the DVD disc, speed of the DVD drive and the amount of items you selected.
  2. Installation will probably get to the end and report that it has failed (although sometimes it says it is successful, your results may vary.) Again, this is normal, just press Restart.
I knew something was not right as it said 16 minutes to install but took only 4-5 if that. I restarted and get can't fin mac kernel error. So where did I go wrong. What do I try next.

« Just Installed... Now What? | Who has a large HD that doesn't click with Snow Leopard? »