Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Xbox 360 External DVD Install - Complete - 02-26-2010, 07:06 PM

Done with the mechdrew Guide located here

NetbookInstaller 1: USB Installation via Mac | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

I figure I will pass on my knowledge of my issues when using the Xbox Drive.

What I installed was Mac OSX 10.6 (Retail).
Mini is brand new 10v with A06 Bios.

I went, spent the 35 bucks($CAN) on the OSX, and tried the USB Stick/SD Card method. Got "can't find mach_kernel", spent a few hours at the screen.

So to resolve this, I formatted the drive back to a windows NTFS Partition.

Next, I realized I had the Xbox 360 External DVD Drive. So I tried the Netbook CD Boot-loader method. Took a couple tries, but this is how I did it.

Downloaded the appropriate files, and burn your boot-loader on a DVD!, Xbox Drive doesn't like the Boot-Loader on a CD.

Set up your drive, go into the Bios (F2 on Dell Screen), change your boot settings so CD/DVD is first. I know there is the selective boot method, but for some reason it seemed to work better for me if I did both. Save and exit BIOS.

Press the F12 at Dell screen, select CD/DVD, it should start to load up. This is where you follow mechdrews instructions here.

NetbookInstaller 1: USB Installation via Mac | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

One thing I noticed about the drive is that it needed the Disconnect trick used to boot the OSX DVD. I did this by getting to the NetbootCD screen (Hold shift to pull up the icon, I forgot this the first time.) swapping the disc, Unplug the power to the Xbox Drive, and then plug it back in. Hit your F5 or Function+F5, if it comes up, select Mac OSX DVD Installer. If not, it should just start loading the Mac OS, so give the little guy a minute to get his thoughts in order.

Mine gave an error before the end of the OSX install, which wasn't a big deal. None the less, the rest of the guide worked for me.

Follow the guide and put the boot-loader DVD back in so it can get to the OSX partition.

It loaded to the boot screen, i selected the Volume Name (Mine was "Untitled"). Then it tries to "wake up".

Next Issue! - "Wake Kernel!" - Ugh

type in this exactly, and it is Case Sensitive

It should load up, and now your ready to install the boot loader, and get some updates. I had no issues with my updates, I am running 10.6.2 now.

« Mini v10 install problems using Windows | Problem with stop/wake after snow leopard installing »