Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Trackpad not recognized - 02-26-2010, 01:31 PM

Hi all I'm a newbie to the hackintosh and just recently got my hands on a mini 10v with 10.6.2 When I first got it, all things were functioning great. Just recently when browsing the web the computer froze and I had to perform a hard reboot and now every time I load it, the mouse icon is frozen in the left corner and the trackpad does nothing. External USB mice work but nothing I can do seems to affect the frozen trackpad. System Utilities allows me to change trackpad settings, but still it does not work. I've run extra updates, i've run netbookinstaller and reinstalled extensions but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?
  (#2) Old
Default 02-26-2010, 08:22 PM

i would try reinstalling the new trackpad driver
  (#3) Old
Default 02-27-2010, 07:35 AM

I would try running NBI.8.3Final through it and rebooting.

Edit.Sorry just read the end of your post and see you have tried that, still I would download a fresh NBI.8.3Final and give it another run and reboot. Can't hurt while you're pondering your next move.

Dell Mini 10v | 1GB Ram | BIOS A06>A04 | NBI 20100616212351 | 160GB HHD | 10.6.4
  (#4) Old
Default 02-27-2010, 09:31 AM

Has the memory been upgraded to 2GB or has a BT module been added? If so, the wrist rest has been removed and replaced and it is *possible* that the wrist pad ribbon cable is not well connected into it's motherboard connector.

You can check this be lifting the keyboard and taking a look; may have to removed the wrist rest, too. See any of the memory upgrade instruction on how to do this.

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT

« Toggle Bluetooth Power w/ SL 10.6.2? | Reactivate trackpad on every reboot »