Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default How do I speed up the boot time for OSX? - 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM

So I've successfully set up my mini 10v with dual boot with osx and win7. However, I noticed that my win7 boot loads in about 10-20 seconds while the osx boot takes considerably longer. I also noticed that when booting up OSX there's a message in the beginning that says failed to load the hibernation image or whatever. I used netbook installer 0.8.3 and i haven't enabled hibernation so I'm not sure what's going on and was wondering if that was causing the slow boot time or if OSX normally boots that slowly. Thanks for any help!
  (#2) Old
Default 02-24-2010, 09:50 PM

Welcome congrat. to your install.

Search user improvments on this forum, to delete the hibernation image is too old error message.

The boot time on the 10v is at this time so slow, for all off us, because the audio kext.

A way i found in this forum to save 2 - 3 spins from the circle is to flash your broadcom wlan card to an apple extreme (you can search this post also on

Good Luck.

mini10v | 10.6.3 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSDNOW V-Series | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | A06 | BT:no | WAKEn LEGACYff

« Hackintosh A06 BIOS | problem with dell bluetooth travel mouse »