Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#11) Old
Default 03-03-2010, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by minimalpc View Post
Does the Win 7 USB drive boot on another PC? I am thinking something did not go right when you (re)created it...
Thanks you were right, I created it right this time and it boots into the install every time.

Now for new problem number 32994912.

Over the course of my attempts at a repair, I somehow have 6 partitions, one with Mac on it that works run, a couple that are linux or win7 sized and the rest are all under 1gb each. Oh and I also previously deleted the win7 partition so its no longer there.

So in the custom win7 install window I have this on every partition: "windows cannot be installed to Disk x Partition y." "windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"

So I try to format it, and it acts like its going to but it stops after a few seconds. Any ideas..? Thank you!

EDIT: I should add that in both linux and OSx I have tried to repartition and delete and format these partitions (as MS Dos 32) It works fine.
  (#12) Old
Expert Member
Default 03-03-2010, 06:17 AM

You should be careful about deleting any small partitions at the beginning of the drive. It is normal to have 1 or 2 small, hidden partitions there for EFI and the GPT. I'd recommend leaving those alone. As it is, your "selected disk is of the GPT partition style" problem is again that you need to run gptsync.
sudo gptsync /dev/rdisk0
sudo gptsync /dev/disk0
if that doesn't work. It should indicate that your MBR and GPT are out of sync and ask if you want to fix it. Respond yes.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final

« tip for perfect multi touch | Failed 3 times. »