Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Unhappy Network issue on clean install (Both ethernet and wireless) - 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM

Just got a new 10v a few days ago and I used Mechdrew's Netbookmaker 0.8.3 RC5 to install 10.6.0 retail then upgraded to 10.6.1 then to 10.6.2 then loaded the NetBookInstaller 0.8.3 RC5 and aboutthismac fix.

Everything works great except the network says it's unplugged and wireless is "Off" even when I select it to be on. In can see both my NIC and Wireless in System Profiler so it looks like it was detected.

Any ideas? Specs are just the standard 10v w/o the bluetooth.
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Is wireless enabled in the BIOS (sounds like it is)? If so, it sounds like you may have used the Dell hotkey utility to turn off Wireless while in Windows before you installed OS X. I am not sure that there is any way to fix that other than running the utility from Windows again...

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final
  (#3) Old
Default 02-20-2010, 04:31 PM

Ya, both ethernet and wireless are enabled in the BIOS. Thought about the dell hotkey util and that was the next thing I was going to do (reinstall winblows/osx dual boot).

My only question is - why would the ethernet port be disabled too?!?

10.6, network, osx dell mini v10, wifi, wireless

« Having an Issue with youtube | webcam not showing anymore »