Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Help getting cloned 10v drive to boot - 02-19-2010, 02:34 AM

I'm needing some advice on how to get a cloned drive (of a working 10v Hackintosh install) to boot.

With my 10v up and running 10.6.2, I hook up the target drive via usb and used SuperDuper! to clone. Cloning completes successfully, but when I put the cloned drive into a 10v, it does not boot ("Operating System Not Found").

I assume it has something to do with the bootloader partition not cloning over, but am not sure what procedure to use to put the correct bootloader back on without messing up the configuration of the OSX on it! I don't want a bunch of my kexts replaced, etc., by installing some "package" of stuff.

There must be an easy way of just adding or enabling Chameleon (that was on the original drive).

Any advice?

(#2) Old
Default Clonezilla - 02-19-2010, 08:40 AM

You might try a free utility called Clonezilla found at With it you can clone the entire hard drive to another, as opposed to just the OSX data that is most likely being "copied" and made bootable by using superduper.

Download the Clonezilla ISO and, from a linux or windows machine, use Unetbootin to put it on a flash drive in order to boot to it. The only stipulation, I believe, is that the target destination be >= the source drive. You'll have to refer to their forum for detailed instruction/help though.

Good luck!
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-19-2010, 02:51 PM

I believe if you run NBI targeting the post cloned drive that would do what you need.

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here
  (#4) Old
Default 02-19-2010, 05:06 PM

Definitely need to run NBI after cloning, the same thing happened to me

« Hibernation / sleep instructions | 10v A06 10.6.2(retail) refuses to install (grey screen o' death) »