Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default mini 10v 10.6 install mechdrew method 2 freezing HELP - 02-18-2010, 02:15 PM

I bought a mini 10v yesterday,tried mechdrews version 3 but cd drive was incompatible. then i went out and bought a retail copy of 10.6 and a 16gb flash drive.

about one minute in to the install i get the error setup could not copy the nesecery support files please restart.

no when i try to boot into the NBI 8.2.3 i get the error cant find mach_kernal

but if i boot into NBI from my external dvd drive i dont get that error.

i am about to trow this thing in a river.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Hi chuckcapps, and welcome to the Forum!

As you can see, I have moved your post to a more appropriate section, and can assure you that you are not the first person to have receive this message.

Rather than go into a detailed explanation here, can I perhaps refer you tp this thread: FINALLY! Resolved my "Cannot find mach_kernel" & "Need to Restart" errors which will hopefully solve you problem.... but please don't throw it in the river... I am sure you will get there before too long!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« how to change the HD icon or other icons? | how to format hard drive and mbr within apple installation »