Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default I've tried all OS X bit torrents and they won't install :) - 02-16-2010, 03:58 PM

I own both a macbook pro and an iMac. My iMac is rarely used, so I figured I would dl the snow leopard retail disc to hackintosh my mini10v.

I've seen a few people post here with many problems similar to the ones I had: grey screen, spinning wheel, unable to complete install, etc.

All these problems disappeared when I purchased the retail disc at the Apple store. My first install completed without issue.

If you have downloaded OS X and can't get it to work, take it from me and save yourself loads of time and energy and go buy the disc. It's only $29 anyway.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Same here.
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-16-2010, 07:13 PM

Downloading SL must be discouraged period. While we are not honoring the EULA when we hackintosh we should at least not steal the media.

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here
  (#4) Old
Default 02-19-2010, 09:25 PM

I agree with Akki, no one here likes the ideas of PIRATED copies and I also fixed the problem after buying a copy of SL.

I absolutely have NO IDEA why pirated ones do not work though.
  (#5) Old
Default 02-20-2010, 11:15 AM

Not that I am condoning pirating but I have a friend who downloaded a copy of SL and it worked fine.
  (#6) Old
Super Moderator
Default 02-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Can I remind members that this Forum does not allow discussion relating to pirated software.

This particular thread was started to warn people against this practice and, as was said in the first post, a retail copy is a relatively inexpensive buy, which can easily be ordered from online resellers, such as Amazon for example.

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#7) Old
Default 02-21-2010, 01:28 AM

REALLY! it's not even the (little) money. you really just don't even know what you are getting when you download an image, or "retail disk". usually those are patched and will only end in sadness. do yourself a favor, and don't waste the time and tears, just buy the disk and be done with it. all the way around, it's the best option and the only one worth trying.
  (#8) Old
Default 02-21-2010, 10:17 PM

Thanks to all your good advice here, today i sent away to amazon and got myself a retail copy,($29 shipped!) now i cant wait for it to get here to complete the install, im hoping it all goes well

« Snow Leopard retail ? | Ripping SL retail disk in windows ? »