Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Aug 2009
02-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Join Date: Dec 2009
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
A mac can be set to different hibernation modes:
1) keep memory active, the fastest
2) keep memory active, but also write memory to disk so is a bit slower to put to sleep but wake up is as fast as for 1). Default on a mac.
3) write memory to disk and shut off power, uses the least power but is slow to put to sleep and wake.
1) and 2) can be seen as sleep, my dell mini (hackintosh) uses a _lot_ of juice in sleep
3) this would (IMO) be hibernation, unfortunately I'm not able to set my hack mini in this mode.
Changing these modes on a mac laptop is done with the terminal command:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode N (N being a number from 0 to 5 if I remember correctly), but it has no effect on my mini. It still uses the same hibernation mode nonetheless.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.