Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Can't install Snow leopard on Dell mini 10v - 02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
My Mini 10v arrived today but I've been through the following guide: NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew I've followed it explicitly but I can't get it to work I need some help if that's ok. (Sorry for the long winded thread but I have to be thorough). My steps were as follows:
1. Unzipped and installed:
- "win32 disk imager"
- Downloaded "NBI_083F.img"
2. Connected a small USB (256mb) and a large flash drive (32gb)
3. Inserted the Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD
4. Used InfraRecorder to save the entire DVD as a .iso (and renamed after finished to .img)
5. Used "Win32 Disk Imager" and pressed "write" for the following:
- Image: C:/macdvd.img
- Device: (Large flash drive)
and for the small USB:
- Image: C:/NBI_083F.img
- Device: (Small USB)
NOTE: When using â€śWin32 Disk Imagerâ€ť for the small USB it came up with a message â€śConfirm overwrite: Writing to a physical device can corrupt the device. Are you sure you want to continue?â€ť (I clicked â€śYesâ€ť)
Is that normal? Because the guide is pretty thorough and it didnâ€™t say anything about that.
6. Inserted the Small USB drive first into the USB slot next to the power cable and then the flash drive into the USB slot on the right.
7. Switched the Mini 10v on and pressed F12 to go into "Boot menu"
This is where things get a bit weird:
8. My boot options are ordered as follows:
Obviously I choose USB storage but when I do it goes to the next screen and "MBR" is shown and then Ubuntu starts loading.
I think the problem could be step 5. with the "Confirm Overwrite". Or it could be my BIOS so how do I check my BIOS (e.g. A06, A05 etc), just for information I my Mini 10v is newly bought and arrived today (if that makes any difference to the BIOS type (A06 etc)
Thanks in advance for any help.
---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------
Sorry guys just checked my BIOS (F2 from start up) and it's A06....booooo!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Thank you! - 02-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi guys, thanks very much for your quick replies it's much appreciated and it's a great forum, very active and helpful.
I ended up downgrading the BIOS to A04 I have got a bit further but run into problems again: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...-computer.html
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.