Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Hackintoshed 10v in Toronto? - 02-06-2010, 05:45 PM

This is somewhat of an odd request, but I figured I'd give it a shot...

I'm very interested in picking up a 10v and Hackintoshing it, but before I put out the money, I want to get a feel for it hands-on... I don't have any friends who have done it, so I'm wondering if there's anyone in this community from Toronto who would be willing to meet up at a Starbucks and show me the ins and outs of their Hackintoshed 10v (coffee on me!).

Send me a PM if you're interested... hope this is a kosher request.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-06-2010, 11:00 PM

I visit toronto frequently and will be there over valentines day and weekend. Probably from the 12th to the 14th.

I actually dont have a hackintoshed 10v myself, but I have done several hackintoshes on winds, mini 9's, and other misc computers.

I do have a 10v for myself finally being delivered to my house on monday and it will be setup right away to run OSX only. But I dont drink coffee sadly.

I'm not agreeing on anything because of weather and other plans, but it could be a possibility. I'd prefer meeting at the 2 story mcdonalds on bloor street.
  (#3) Old
Default 02-07-2010, 12:12 AM

I got a Mini 10v from Best Buy last week. I installed SL 10.6.2. Everything works fine. I would be willing to show it to you, we could meet next week on Queen Street east, near Carlaw, there is a coffee shop call Te Aro on the south side of Queen: 983 Queen Street East Toronto, ON M4M 1K2, you call e-mail me at

(#4) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to versioncity
Default 02-07-2010, 11:52 PM

I have one, but I just borked it lmao and am trying to get it fixed over this week!

If you want to see what a messed up one does then by all means lol

Dell Mini 10v (1011) / BIOS A04 (downgraded) / 160GB HD / 1GB Ram / Obsidian Black / Snow Leopard / USB Wake: ON / BT: Disabled / NBI 20100616212351

« Trackpad problems... | mini 10v issue with hackintosh »