Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default 2 Problems: Bootcamp and Flash Video - 02-05-2010, 06:41 AM

I just installed SL on my mini 10v the other day. Everything is working great so far, except these two things.

I want to install a partition of XP, but every time I try to run bootcamp it says that "You must update your Boot ROM" or something to that effect. I don't really know any other way to partition and install XP, so I'm having trouble.

And secondly, flash video is causing me problems. Not only video, but any interactive flash things. For example, youtube will work, but I cannot pause and play or press any of the buttons. Same with Hulu video. Basically it'll only work if it auto-plays and i don't touch anything.

I'm not sure if you need my 10v specs, but I just bought it last week. I installed SL on A06 and updated to 10.6.2 though i had these problems before updating. I ran NBI after the install and after the update.

Any hope for me?
  (#2) Old
Default 02-05-2010, 07:08 AM

You have to bypass the boot ROM checks. Search google for "running bootcamp on a hackintosh".

Dunno about your flash stuff. make sure you have updated to the newest version is all I can think of.
  (#3) Old
Default 02-05-2010, 09:19 AM

I noticed that same Flash video problem on mine last night as well. Playing the video was ok, but pausing and so on did not work.
  (#4) Old
Default 02-14-2010, 04:01 AM

bump, i just hackintoshed my mini10v and want to know if it's possible to run bootcamp on it. I'm trying to do the stuff listed on this site:
Boot Camp for Hackintoshes | Prasys' Blog

But I cannot overwrite the app in the utilities folder since I don't have permissions to. I've looked for over an hour on how to overwrite files in the utilities folder but haven't had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.
  (#5) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-14-2010, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by zidanej View Post
bump, i just hackintoshed my mini10v and want to know if it's possible to run bootcamp on it.
No (not easily anyway--I have never seen anyone report success). There is no need anyway. You can still dual or triple boot using Chameleon. Check out the dual boot forum here and the associated guides.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final

« Mini10v w/ SnowLeop 10.6.2 - No Wireless ! | Chrome Browser »