Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default making an ISO file - 02-05-2010, 12:50 AM

ive finally got around to get myself a copy of MAC OS X SL 10.6

im following the windows method:
NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

i followed this guys way of making an ISO file:

but im only getting 1GB as an ISO file. the guide says
"Make absolutely certain that it copies the entire DVD, not just the 510MB or 1GB Windows part. The resulting file should be somewhere close to 7 GB"

an ideas were im going wrong?

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

just to clarify it just says even when i look on my computer that it its a 986mb file

---------- Post added 02-05-2010 at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-04-2010 at 11:40 PM ----------

all sorted. i used IMGBURN and now all is going well.......... so far
  (#2) Old
Default 02-05-2010, 02:58 AM

Just an idea, but the application in windows that you used may not be reading the HFS partitions and files on the Max OSX install DVD. I used the same guide for using any OS and mine shows up as 7.3 some GB's like the DVD itself. I used a free trial of UltraISO and generated a .iso from the retail DVD I bought.

It took maybe 10 minutes to compile into a iso and 20 minutes using the DD command promt method to restore onto a USB thumb drive.

« USB Bluetooth dongle sleep | 10v Hackintosh SD »