Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Question Ambient Noise Reduction - Under sound setting - 02-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Anyone use this setting? and can explain this setting to me?

I use my mini 10v OSX on recording all my lecture in class, I'll recording it now with this setting on. I'll post my conclusion after this lecture. Hopefully it reduces the tapping sound.

PS: does this setting work on dell mini 10v? I heard the setting requires 2 microphone [random internet research]

----Quick Research
It appears that the ambient noise reduction feature is designed to remove the background noise that the microphone would otherwise pick up. It should make a difference in any app in which you use the microphone, making your voice clearer while diminishing unwanted noises. Audio chats (in iChat or Skype) seem like an obvious beneficiary, as but one example. Daniel tested iChat with and without the ambient noise reduction enabled, and wrote:

Mini 10V | 1.6GHz | 2GB | 16GB SSD | GMA 950 | OSX | ~$180ish | Wireless-N | 6-Cell |
M1340 | 2.4GHz x2 | 4GB | 320GB 7.2K-RPM | Nvidia SLi 9400M + 9200GS | 7-RTM | $500.00 | WEI: 5.3 |

« Performance issues - flash and battery | Please restart - on install »