Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Can't install Aluminum Keyboard Firmware upgrade - 02-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Tried installing the Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Update 1.1 from Apple as I have a 10v running 10.6.2 with a Iomega USB Bluetooth thingy, Apple Bluetooth Aluminum keyboard and the Bluetooth Magic Mouse. Only problem is even as I'm using this keyboard to compose this post the update tells me that there are no bluetooth keyboards connected.

(scratching head...)

(#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to HotDog
Default 02-04-2010, 03:18 AM

Hmmm. I'd suspect the issue here is the "Iomega thingy." I presume that is a BT dongle or the like; perhaps the firmware upgrade is only through the Broadcom (or fauxBroadcom) BT device in the Mini. I upgraded mine (with the Al keyboard) and it appeared that there were two parts of the upgrade, one for the KB and one for the computer. I was surprised when the Apple SW Update asked me to make this firmware upgrade on my MBPro AND my two minis given that I use the same keyboard with all of them. I let it happen on each of my machines and all seems to be working fine. I do notice that the BT keyboard is considerably more responsive in the handshaking phase as that was a major point of exasperation for me. Good luck with this.

[ Dell Mini 9 | Black | A04 | NBI 20100616212351 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSD | BT | 1.3MP | WiFi ]
[ Dan-O-Cam : ]

« Leopard vs. Snow Leopard installation | Activated partition »