Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10v Hackintosh Tablet - 02-03-2010, 09:00 PM

There has been some talk about making the 10v into a tablet, similar to a lot of mini 9 mods that are out there. I'm very interested in this, but between screen size and running OS X, I have a new idea. It seems like touch kits for a 10.1" screen are pretty hard to find, especially tailored specifically for the 10v. So I'm wondering, with very little hardware moding experience, what the possibility is of putting a different and larger screen on the 10v. Obviously this changes the form factor and renders the case useless, so I'm talking about a pretty major overhaul. I have found quite a few reasonably priced capacitive 13" touch kits with USB interfaces. And 13" replacement LCDs are pretty cheap and easy to come by. I am not worried about the case at this moment. What I am wondering is, is it physically possible to wire these components together? I know the GMA950 can run a 13" screen at 1280x800 because that's what the old white MacBooks had. I'm ready to spend some money on this and don't mind trial and error, but would really like to know if it's even remotely possible before I go on a spending spree.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Update, given I am sure there are different ribbons and connectors, what about specifically using a Dell Mini 12 replacement LCD?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

After doing some more research, it looks like the 12 and the 10 connect to their system boards with different connection types, but the connection to the LCD on the back would appear to be the same cable. I think I'm going to take the dive and try this out.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-12-2010, 03:58 AM

This sounds interesting. Any update?
  (#3) Old
Default 06-24-2010, 08:08 PM

I am quite interested on this, I want to solder an old 15" acer laptop screen to the motherboard connector on the Dell mini 10v, so my mother can see her hackintosh better... so any ideas how could I get the wiring diagrams in order to bypass the connector by directly soldering the wires to the motherboard??
I have no issues on soldering tiny and close wires...

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!
  (#4) Old
Expert Member
Default 06-25-2010, 12:47 PM

I posted up a while back about LCD panel connector types in wanting to swap to an 11" or 12" LCD.
Hopefully you make some headway with this!

(#5) Old
Default 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM

Hello Thorsteenster,

It's a while since you posted the reply to my post, but I saw it yesterday, I looked for the thread you mention about connector types to swap lcd... but unfortunately I couldn't find it... could you please paste the link or post the keywords in order to find it?

mini 10v, tablet, touch screen

« BEST PRACTICES - PRE TESTING 10v? | boot:0 done Error After Flat Battery »