Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Customizing dock - 02-03-2010, 05:56 PM

hey all, quick question. I am extremely new to osx, in fact, before hackingtoshing my 10v yesterday, i had no experience.

my question is: Is there anyway to hide the dock behind open windows? but then keep it open at the desktop? I have tried the auto-hide option, this is kind of what im looking for, but then the dock is hidden at the desktop too.

I guess im looking for an "always on bottom" feature for the dock? Is this possible? My main reason for this is obviously real estate on the screen, being its so limited.

any tips would be great....

(#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-03-2010, 05:58 PM

At the upper left ther is the apple menu. Select System Preferences... and then Dock and that will show available settings. The Auto Hide is about what you want.

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here
  (#3) Old
Default 02-03-2010, 06:08 PM

If you're looking to keep it showing all the time, I don't think there's an option to put it behind windows, but you could just decrease the size of the dock all the way down (in sys. pref. as Akki suggests), then select the magnification size as to what suits you - then you can have some more room while you're working....just a thought.

« Will Image Writer for Windows Format my USB Disk? | Do I need to run NBI 0.8.3 after updating? »