Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Performance issues - flash and battery - 02-03-2010, 12:44 AM

Just curious whether I'm alone here and it's down to my SL installation or if it's a problem with the hardware/software.
Basically, I cannot view most flash videos even though I turn quality down to low (last video totally unplayable was here - Lost - Tube Talk - The first four minutes of the 'Lost' premiere - Digital Spy), trying to play flash games on Facebook such as Farmville is impossible and the battery only lasts an hour (3 cell battery). Also noticed the netbook gets seriously hot and I have to hold it in the palm of my hand just to cool it down.

Is this a problem with the 10v itself (hardware issues - low processor, lack of RAM) or is it software related ie Snow Leopard, Google Chrome, Adobe Flash etc

Any help much appreciated or if you suffer the same problems please let me know so I know it's not actually a problem and something I have to live with

Dell Mini 10v / OS X 10.6.2 / NBI 8.3 Final / 160 GB HDD / 1 GB RAM / A06 / 3-cell
  (#2) Old
Default 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM

flash is very processor intensive and the Atom isnt a big one.

So you can try to use Flashblock Here

The you only can enable your vid, or game so that all other flashcomponents on the webside dont use your processor too.

mini10v | 10.6.3 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSDNOW V-Series | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | A06 | BT:no | WAKEn LEGACYff
  (#3) Old
Default 02-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Steve Jobs openly said that they are turning their backs to Flash because it is extremely buggy on OSX, and that it entirely NOT Apples fault. Very high end Mac hang too !

The iPad came and along with the iPhone, does not support flash for that reason

The BlackMini 10v | 2GB | Seagate 320GB 7,200 rpm | A06 -> A04 (NBI 0.8.3 RC5) | OSX 10.6.2 | Voodoo Power Mini (w/ Sleep Stepping) | ******* My easy 10v trackpad and palm rest mod ->
  (#4) Old
Default 02-04-2010, 02:29 PM

I can view the video smoothly on my 10v using SL + Firefox 3.6, you can try it

« iWork 09 problems | Ambient Noise Reduction - Under sound setting »