Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default OS X 10.6.2 Inst fails to launch from bootloader on 10v - 02-02-2010, 02:15 AM

Hey there, this is my first post on this forum. I've looked everywhere and I can't find a solution to my problem. I have a 10v and set up the win7 inst USB and OSX inst USB with Transmac and got my 3rd usb set with dellminiboot patched with syslinux. When I boot off the miniboot USB and try to launch the OS X inst, it just tries to load for a couple seconds and then just stops without even showing the apple logo. I'm using A04 BIOS and I'm at wits end. Any help would be much appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-02-2010, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by coldmuddy4 View Post
got my 3rd usb set with dellminiboot patched with syslinux
Not sure what the above is, but you should use NetbookInstaller image instead.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final

« My Step-by-Step instructions to install 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 on your Mini 10v | After closing lid, will not boot. »