Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default wifi slow and internet speed problem. - 01-27-2010, 05:04 AM

So I have recently bought a Dell Mini 10v refurb (1.6 atom processor, 160 gb hard drive, and upgraded the RAM to 2 gb). The mini has a 802.11 g half mini wifi card. I have also hackintosh'd it and put MAC osx 10.6.2 on it.

Here's my problem, when I downloaded the updates on it which is a 300mb file it only downloads at 30-40 kb/s. I also have a mac book which downloads the same updates at nearly 300-500 kb/s. I just can't figure it out. Another example is that youtube buffers the video super slow on my mini and my mac book plays it almost seemlessly from start to finish. I have a linksys wireless G router so it would not help to get the 802.11N card for the mini.

Is there any way I can get this internet to speed up on this thing at all. I also have a Trendnet TEW 424ub usb wifi adapter and was wondering if that would work better than my internal integrated card. I also have been messing around with it and online have found drivers for the mac osx 10.5 but not 10.6 so can't get it to recognize it while its plugged into a USB slot. Help am getting annoyed at the speed of this thing.

Let me know. Thanks!

« ive installed 10.6, what now? | No opengl support »