Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#11) Old
Default 01-25-2010, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by underwhelmed View Post
Well, there are more in depth guides here-

I had never run Mac OS X until I hacked my Mini 9 about a year ago, and it was a much lengthier, if not really harder process at the time, requiring an external DVD drive and a boot CD.

I applaud your effort on writing a guide, however without constant updating it will quickly become obsolete.

Hundreds of people (at least ) have successfully used Mechdrew's guides and this forum to get their Hackintoshes operational.

Please understand, I am not trying to tell you to abandon your guide. But to avoid spreading misinformation to new users, I would suggest keeping it as updated as possible.
No worries. I'm not the least bit daunted. Au contraire I appreciate your input.

I'd just point out that this past Friday, Jan. 22, my obsolete instructions installed 10.6.2 on a new 10v without a hitch. Can something be obsolete and perfectly functional at the same time? I suppose so.

That isn't to say I'm not interested in saving readers unnecessary and extraneous operations (like downgrading BIOS). So, I simplified the instructions with input from posters like yourself.
  (#12) Old
Default 02-01-2010, 06:49 PM

Question: Can I re-patch my previously-patched-with-NBM0.8.2 OSX DVD USB-drive with the NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3 Final? Do I just run NBM 0.8.3. Final again on it?

Advice appreciated from those with a firmer grasp of exactly what NBM does to the OSX DVD USB-drive!
  (#13) Old
Default 02-01-2010, 09:50 PM

Yes, up till now that has been the procedure to keep your install media up to date.

Meklort has indicated some changes in the next version of NBM/NBI to have it run automatically after any future OS level update. I don't think it will require a different procedure to patch the USB drive, but I would read the release notes when it comes out to be sure.

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.7 | NBI 20100616212351| BIOS 05 | 32 GB Runcore | 2 GIGS RAM
10V | OS X 10.6.7 | NBI 20100616212351 |BIOS 06|160 GB|1 GIG RAM| 6 Cell Dell Battery
Functioning Hibernation

Back up Mini 9| OS X 10.6.7| NBI 20100616212351| BIOS 05 | 32 GB SuperTalent | 2 GIGS RAM

« Does hibernate work for you on 10.6.2? | OS X 10.6.2 Inst fails to launch from bootloader on 10v »