Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Display will not sleep (10.6.1) - 01-24-2010, 05:57 AM

I just bought a Mini 10V today and have finally finished getting everything "perfect." So, I was going to sleep it and I found something interesting: the display won't sleep. If I close the lid, press the power button then choose "sleep," or allow SL to automatically sleep, the screen freezes and the hard drive spins down but the screen never turns off. Waking it by using the power button and choosing "cancel" (opening the lid does not wake) causes everything to spin back up and the screen become responsive again.

Its very wierd. Almost like the screen is freezing and just not getting the command to power down. Any help is appreciated.

And yes, Legacy USB is disabled in BIOS.

PS I'm a complete noob at this, so asking me anything technical about the "hackintosh" part will probably draw blank virtual stares. I know computers (Mac & PC), but I don't know the hacking ins and outs yet.

EDIT: False alarm. I did not know I was supposed to run NBI each time I upgraded. I had installed 10.6.1 which "broke" something I guess. NBI 0.8.3 appears to have fixed it. Now to upgrade to 10.6.2...

« hackintosh 10v trackpad best setup | SL Drivers for Intel 5100 Wi-Fi Card? »