Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default NB RunningI + Sleep = Kernal Panic - 01-19-2010, 02:37 AM

I was trying to fix something that I had caused by resizing partitions by using the chameleon/nbi usb bootloader to boot into snow leopard to re-run NBI to reinstall the chameleon bootloader. Worked as planned. I started NBI and I let it run for a bit, but I forgot about sleep freezing OS X, which happend before NBI could finish what I was doing, so I had to force a shutdown.

Now, When I try to boot into snow leopard I get a kernel panic. From ubuntu I can see that theres an extra.bak and an extra, which I didn't see there before -- but I can't do anything because I didn't turn off journaling beforehand on OS X's volume so it's read-only.

I've got the retail disk and another PC, but I lost the larger USB drive I used to install SL, and I won't have access to an external dvd drive for a week.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of lost on what to do

Alpine White Mini 10v | 1.6GHz | 2GB RAM | 320GB HDD| BT | WIFI-N | A05 | 3-CELL | OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Ultimate Retail | Ubuntu 9.10
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 01-19-2010, 04:26 AM

You should be able to force mount the file system read / write in linux and replace Extra with Extra.bak

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.

« A04 -> A06 Will is screw up my SL if I upgrade now? | How many have a Mac? »