Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Dec 2009
01-16-2010, 07:37 PM
See this thread VGA out problem . But I've not been able to get it to work either.
Join Date: Nov 2009
01-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Dell XPS 420 Desktop | OS X 10.6.3 with Vista/Win7 external | myHack Installer 1.0.1 | Core2 Quad Q9400@2.67GHz | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 9800GTX+
Join Date: Nov 2009
:D - 01-24-2010, 02:34 AM
I have solved the mirroring problem and can now mirror displays successfully on my Dell Mini 10v.
1. Go to http://netbook-installer.googlecode....%20RC4.app.zipand download Meklort's NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC4.
2. Right-click on the application in Finder and select "Show Package Contents".
3. Open the Contents folder, then go to Resources.
4. Open the SupportFiles folder, then go to OldGMA.
5. Drag "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" to the Desktop.
6. Open a new Finder window and hold down CMD-Shift-G (Alt-Shift-G).
7. Type in "/Extra" without the quotes.
8. Go to "Mini10vExt"
9. Drag the existing "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" to the Trash and replace it with the one on your Desktop. Type in your password in prompted.
10. Go back to the Extra Folder.
11. Run the "UpdateExtra" app and select Update Extensions. Type in your password if prompted.
12. After the extensions are updated, restart.
13. Enjoy mirroring .
Join Date: Apr 2009
01-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Hamburglar, is this in 10.6.2 or in 10.5.8?
I had to do some tinkering to get mirroring to work for me in 10.5.8 on my 10v. Works perfectly, but I also had to replace that kext.
Snow Leopard 10.6.6
128GB SSD + 16GB SDHC
2TB of NFS mounts courtesy of foonas-ized LinkStations
as opensource TimeCapsules (+ p910nd printserver & Firefly media server)
see LinkStationWiki.net for details on how to make your OS X experience richer with a modded NAS device
Time Capsule/Time Machine Support on Your LinkStation
|mini 10v, no vga out, osx, snow leo|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.