Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#21) Old
Default 01-21-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by w7ox View Post
Best source of into is TSA TSA: How to Get Through the Line Faster

I've not been asked to turn on a laptop yet -- and with the new "checkpoint friendly" bags TSA: "Checkpoint Friendly" Laptop Bag Procedures you would have to remove the laptop to turn it on.

Excellent, thanks for that! Guess I'll be fine with my mini sleeping then

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | 1510 N Wireless | BT 2.1 | OSX 10.6.4 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bios A04 | 1010 Touchpad | Magic Mouse
  (#22) Old
Default 01-21-2010, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by DMBryant View Post
Excellent, thanks for that! Guess I'll be fine with my mini sleeping then
Unless it starts smoking

Netbook: Mini 10v, BIOS A05, OS X 10.6.4, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, BT
  (#23) Old
Default 01-21-2010, 10:58 PM

Ever since I got my 10v, I have been using sleep when passing through TSA. I went through a couple of times during the holiday season while sleeping and a glowing light. Not once have I had a problem with sleeping computers through TSA for as long as I can remember. I'm guessing that msingh is just afraid of TSA, which is what TSA wants out of travelers.

Dell Mini 10v | A05 BIOS | NBI 0.8.3 Final - Accessible system
  (#24) Old
Default Hibernate? - 01-22-2010, 05:39 AM

I've owned laptops for at least 10 years, including macs. I travel around, give presentations, do development on the plane, show people my photo collection, all the usual laptoppy type stuff. I have never once used hibernation. I've never even felt the need. About a year ago I discovered you could hibernate a MacOS X machine. When I discover new features I didn't know about I like to use them. But I couldn't see any use for hibernation that wasn't covered by sleeping. So I forgot about it until reading this today.

The moral, of course, is that we all find different ways to use our laptops.

Oh, and I've never had a problem on a plane.
  (#25) Old
Default 01-22-2010, 04:34 PM

I find that OSX boots faster from off than my PC does from sleep. Its not a big deal to me.
  (#26) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to HotDog
Default 01-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Just went through TSA with 1) MacBookPro (sleeping), 2) Dell Mini 9 (sleeping), and 3) Dell Mini 10V (sleeping), all in one carry-on bag. The only eyebrows raised by TSA were, "Why 3 computers?" and get this, "Put each one in a separate bin." But, there is no maximum computer carry-on rule. No need to put them in a one-quart plastic container, either!

No hibernation. No problem. Most of us would like it to work flawlessly, but as evidenced by the vote, it doesn't seem to be a deal-breaker.

[ Dell Mini 9 | Black | A04 | NBI 20100616212351 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSD | BT | 1.3MP | WiFi ]
[ Dan-O-Cam : ]

« Hibernation on Dell Mini 10v | SD cards and snow leopard on Dell Mini 10v »