I was running 10.6.2 with NBI 0.8.3; previously with RC4 and RC5 with no issues.
I swapped out my HDD to a larger 320GB and recovered my stuff via Time Machine. *I also upgraded BIOS to A06. Ran 10.6.2 combo update and downloaded printer driver.
- Printer Preferences sees the printer on USB but could not find my printer driver (a Brothers MFC-240)
- I install of printer drivers from 1. software update, 2.direct download from Apple, 3. from Brothers, 4. OS X installation DvD were all unsuccesful
- printer plist does say the correct printer
- I erased my HDD, downgraded my BIOS to A04, and reinstalled the system (10.6.0, A04, latest Bootmaker 0.8.3) and recovered files and settings from Time Machine
- Following the install, at*the initial automatic reboot, without any further action, Printer Preferences correctly has the printer installed. I was able to print. Yes!
- But after a second reboot, I was back to where I was--no driver found and prompted me to download the driver--even after downloading the printer driver again (and again) under Software Update
- Re-running NBI 0.8.3 did not fix it
- No change after running Disk Utility to repair permissions
- Only common thread of this issue is this newer HDD with newest NBI 0.8.3 release
- Help! *Could this be a previously underected bug in SNL or NBI? *Should I go back to RC4 or RC5? Any way I can fix this in Terminal?