Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default My installation experience - 01-10-2010, 01:12 AM

To anyone thinking about doing this, I just wanted to post some observations and tips for anyone preparing to install OSX on a Dell Mini 10v.

I used this guide. Some info has been updated, read all the way down the comments.

If you haven't started yet it looks like you don't need to downgrade the BIOS if you use the latest version of Netbookmaker.

Turn off Legacy USB support after installation to prevent standby freaky behavior.

Run NBI after installation, download the 10.6.2 combo update, reboot, run NBI again. I didn't click any additional options, works fine. No hibernate file notification yet.

Move your dock to the right side to free up horizontal display space. Really helps!

Use System Preferences>Trackpad to get your pad set up how you like it. LOTS of options there.

Go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Modifier Keys and set your keys up properly. That windows key makes a great command key.

Go to System Preferences>Displays>Color and click the Acer1/Dell Mini option to get it off of whatever the default is. Looks way better.

Damn, my kids are crying and all hell has broken loose.
Thanks to all who have contributed their time and expertise to this project and website.
  (#2) Old
Default 01-10-2010, 04:53 AM

good app here to change screen window

Virtually increase your Dell Mini Screen Resolution

size here, if you want to leave your dock at the bottom.

as for screen colour, "bearhunter" has created the best colour sync profiles for a mini 10v, mail him i sure he will point you to where you can get them.

Dell Mini 10v 1gb ram 160gb hdd  A04  boot os-OSX.6.7  XP sp3 on Vbox  NBI********51

« CNET not playing Videos | Will this configuration of a 10v be hackintosh compatible? »