Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Clear 4G/WiMax for OSX IMPRESSIONS? - 01-05-2010, 10:41 PM

I happen to live in the area that they are deploying Clear's WiMAx service. I've got it running on my Windows setup (USB dongle) but it seems like support for OSX SL is a bit lacking.

Yes, they have device drivers out there, but I (like many others) seem to not be able to get it to work on my Hackintosh 10v.

1) anyone try Clear in general and like/dislike it? What city?
2) I know/hear that this works on pervious versions of OSX 10.5.*, but I don't have that accessible to me. Has anyone running an oler OSX tested out WiMax?
3) anyone use the WiMax at home antennae solution? How does that work? Do you plug in your USB dongle into it?

When I am in a favorable location, I get 8 bars and get speedtest results near the 4mb down and 0.8mb up. Normally, I sit around 4-5 bars and about 2mb/0.4mb or so.

I have yet to try it in a moving vehicle. I read reports that there are drops as you move about hopping from tower to tower.

Mini 10v

« Stickam Video Broadcasting | When I shut my lid on my mini is there a way for it to lock »